Become a Patient in Maryland
1. Identify Your Qualifying Conditions
2. Find a Healthcare Practictioner
Ask your Maryland licensed physician, physicians assistant (PA), advanced practice registered nurse (APRN), dentist, or podiatrist if they can certify you into the program. If they are unable to certify you at this time, here is a list of other certifying medical professionals who are qualified to assist you.Certifying Provider List for Maryland from Green Good January 12, 2019
3. Register with the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC)
If certified, your qualified health professional will provide you with written certification allowing you to apply for the Maryland Medical Marijuana Program.
- Patients will need to fill out an online application and upload:
- an electronic copy of a valid, U.S. government-issued ID
- proof of Maryland address of treatment at a Maryland medical facility
- an electronic copy of a clear photograph taken within the last six (6) months
- They will be required to pay a one-time fee of $50. If you are a qualifying patient who is enrolled in the Maryland Medical Assistance Program or the Veterans Affairs Maryland Health Care System, you are eligible for a waiver of this fee.
- Patients will have to wait up to 30 days for approval. No approval after 30 days please call the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission at 1-844-421-2571.
Once you receive an approval email, follow step 4 or give us a call for assistance at 240-772-9520.
If you are a caregiver, please go here for caregiver registration instructions.