Become a Patient in Minnesota
1. Identify Your Qualifying Conditions
2. Find a Healthcare Practictioner
Ask your MN licensed physician, physicians assistant (PA), or advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) if they can certify you into the program. If they are unable to certify you at this time, here is a list of other locations with certifying medical professionals who are qualified to assist you.Certifying Provider List for Minnesota from Green Good March 17, 2021
3. Register with the Office of Medical Cannabis (OMC)
Once certified, you will receive an email with instructions on how to apply to the Minnesota medical cannabis program.
- Patients will need to fill out an application and upload a copy of their State Photo ID.
- Patients will be required to pay an annual fee of $200. Those under specific assistance programs can submit paperwork for a reduced fee of $50.
- Patients will have to wait up to 30 days for approval. If no approval has been provided after 30 days, call the Office of Medical Cannabis at 844-879-3381.
Once you receive an approval email, follow steps 4 and 5 or give us a call for assistance at 1-800-514-3707.
If you require a Caregiver or are a guardian, please be sure they register.
4. Complete your Patient Self Evaluation Report on the State Cannabis Registry
Log in your account https://cannabis.web.health.state.mn.us
- Submit a patient self-evaluation report prior to doing your first-time new patient consult.
- You must submit a patient self-evaluation report for each time you visit a Minnesota dispensary to pick up medicinal cannabis.