Become a Patient in Minnesota
1. Identify Your Qualifying Conditions
2. Find a Healthcare Practictioner
Patients need to have a qualifying condition and register with Minnesota’s Department of Health, Office of Medical Cannabis. Any Minnesota licensed physician, physician assistant (PA) or advanced practice registered nurse (APRN) can certify patients, if they choose.
Ask your MN licensed healthcare provider if they can certify you for the program. If they are unable to certify you at this time, click on the button below for a list of publicly certifying medical professionals who are qualified to assist you. With the consent of each provider, Green Goods created the following list of healthcare systems and clinics that are currently certifying patients for medical cannabis. Several of these providers offer both virtual and in-person options.
3. Register with the Office of Medical Cannabis (OMC)
Once certified, you will receive an email with instructions on how to apply to the Minnesota medical cannabis program.
- Patients will need to fill out an application and upload a copy of their State Photo ID.
- Patients are no longer required to pay an annual fee, as of July 1, 2023.
- Patients will have to wait up to 30 days for approval. If no approval has been provided after 30 days, call the Office of Medical Cannabis at 844-879-3381.
Once you receive an approval email, follow steps 4 and 5 or give us a call for assistance at 1-800-514-3707.
If you require a Caregiver or are a guardian, please be sure they register.
4. Complete your Patient Self Evaluation Report on the State Cannabis Registry
Log in your account https://cannabis.web.health.state.mn.us
- Submit a patient self-evaluation report prior to doing your first-time new patient consult.
- You must submit a patient self-evaluation report for each time you visit a Minnesota dispensary to pick up medicinal cannabis.